We have now settled into our rental home and I have began collecting my favorite spots in the house to sit and think about life. Typically this tends to be wherever I might find sun coming through a window. So far, I enjoy my spot on the bed around 2-3 pm. The sun comes beaming through and warms the spot. A second favorite spot in sitting on the couch near our living room windows. This brings joy to me as I can sit and see the beautiful trees and enjoy the scenery. We also have a Butcher bird that frequents our back tree and sometimes I can see him swoop in to grab dinner. I also enjoy sitting on each of the boys' bed and looking out over the trees from the second floor of the house. Really- there is not a bad view from any of the windows in my opinion. So, favorite spots in the house have been found.
Favorite spots out of the house our plentiful. Our local parks are simply amazing. Beautiful walks, lots of wildlife, and plenty of exercise. The spotting of kangaroos is a common occurrence. The spotting of the wombat or echidna that we have recently seen is not so common so we feel quite lucky. I enjoy walking through the gum trees and beautiful park lands and listening for the kookaburra. It's simply not possible to avoid smiling when you hear them laugh. I often times wondering what they are saying. This morning when I heard one laugh I am certain he was telling the other birds to hush up. Today we discovered Petty's Orchard where the boys played in the fenced in playground, kicked a soccer ball with the other kids, crawled all over the tractor in the field, saw kangaroos resting in the orchard, and where Paul and I enjoyed a coffee and fresh apple pie. The boys did their thing independently and we did our thing…enjoyed our coffee and read the paper. It was incredibly enjoyable. The orchard itself is one of the oldest in Melbourne, founded in 1853. It's 5 minutes from our home. We are now making plans for our first trip to Phillip Island to see the Little Penguins and eventually weekends where we can drive down for a day at one of several beaches in the area.
I am still searching for employment and hope to find something soon. Otherwise, I am enjoying learning my way around, spending a lot of time with Evan while Ian is at school, and trying to figure out what to cook in this new land. I drink a lot of tea to stay warm, make a lot of biscuits/scones with fresh cream and yummy jam, and try to make the most of my time with the kids.
And Dodger is enjoying life as well. I should add that in. He pretty much goes everywhere with us it seems. He enjoys his walks and all the new sites and animals that are fun to sniff out. And of course he loves the kangaroos.
Many favorite things. Many more to discover.
No comments:
Post a Comment