Captain's Log, Star Date somethingorrather
It was a sunny day, I thought perhaps they had plans and that is why I did not go to school with them to pick up Ian.
I sat and wondered, what could be taking them so long.
I sat and thought, where did I put my toy?
Perhaps I shall walk over to my water bowl and have a drink?
Where are they?
This was my afternoon a few weeks back. Sitting and wondering why my crew had forsaken me and left me behind. These days I go everywhere with them petty much. In fact, most cafés have dog water bowls out. Everyone I meet is just so darn friendly.
When they finally returned home on that fateful day of days, I knew something was just not right. I looked at them. Panic was not on their faces. They made dinner just like always. The boys played and yelled outside as normal. But there was a scent.
Food provider had been doing something with dogs. It was only later after the small things went to bed that I learned the horrible things that had unfolded that afternoon in the school yard at Ian's school. Here is how I understood it:
Rottweiler #1 strolled into the schoolyard (he made have also been a smaller dog, a little smaller than me but that doesn't matter.) I shall call him George.
George saw Rottweiler #2 (or perhaps it was a Schnauzer? Doesn't matter.) I will call him Harry.
George attacked Harry with no concern for the children who had just come out of the school.
That is about the time that Food Provider saw what was happening and thinking that George was attacking a child, ran towards the incident. He proceeded to jump about 15 feet over a crowd of 30 or so people...screaming in horror at the dog fight...they were kicking George. Harry was hurting. His mother was screaming that he was dead. Food Provider reached in with all of his strength and miraculously separated the two, with only his bare hands!! In the process, Harry may have torn a large gash into FP's hand (or maybe it was just two small teeth marks...hard to tell.)
The school nurse came running out. Women were screaming in terror. Men were bowing down at FP's feet. They were in awe of his majestic ways.
Evidently after all was said and done, FP had to get a shot to protect him from whatever horrible things the dogs may have carried.
I am honored that I call myself the Master of this house with such a brave FP as my staff. Really. So much so that I am starting a petition to have a statue erected of him at the school I am also ordering t-shirts. If you want in, let me know.
Until later, watch your pups but know that is my FP is around all is good in the world.
Dodge out.
No comments:
Post a Comment