Tuesday, May 6, 2014

AWB : 081 - 38455034

AWB: 081  - 38455034. Such a random number. I am not sure that anyone really knows what this number is. Never fear, I am here to educate as I myself just learned what it is. It is a Qantas Airway Bill number. In other words, it's a tracking number for Qantas freight.

Freight. My Dodge is not freight. He is a member of our family. He is "Nana" to the boys. It's odd being in this house without him. I find myself asking him if he needs to go outside, only to realize he is not here. Evan asked last night for Dodger in his room and I had to remind him that Dodge was on his way to LAX. What Evan did not know was that Dodge is having a vacation from us. Seriously- he stayed at the Kennel Club LAX. He has probably had plenty of play time, a few treats, and maybe even a doggie massage. Clearly, he is hanging out with some movie star pups, getting his party on. But, we are still stuck at home without him.

Tonight Ian sketched out a picture of Dodger. Actually he sketched two. One for him and one for his brother. He titled both sketches "Dodger" and then placed each picture on their beds. He said that way Dodge would be with them at bedtime.

We miss our friend, but know that he will be waiting for us down under. He will have scouted out all the good paths and be ready for a big walk when we arrive. Tonight he flies from LA to Melbourne and I may just stay awake thinking about our boy. Not freight.

No comments:

Post a Comment