Tonight we leave. Tonight we will board the plane and head to the Southern Hemisphere. While I can say I am ready, I am not 100% sure that I am but there is nothing I can do now. I need to see the dog and I know that he is waiting there for us. The past week has gone from rough to great. Last Monday and Tuesday the movers were at our house. It was pretty uneventful. They came, they saw, they packed, they left. I sat, sat some more...read a little, watched a little, sat around. I thought- yes je suis pret (I am ready.) On Tuesday night, we had a sleep over in our master bedroom with the boys. It was the last night in the house and we all wanted to be together. This was the house we had brought both babies home to.
Wednesday resulted in the closing of the house. While we were waiting we had a visitor at the house. I took it as a sign to get the heck out of the house...it was a five foot rat snake. Not poisonous but he was hanging out in our front garden. It was enough for me to say adios and jump in the car. Although I can joke about it all now, there were a lot of tears that day on my part. When we drove out of Aggieland I thought that I would not be able to stop crying. I cried until I fell asleep and woke up feeling much better. I thought again je suis pret. I could do this.
We arrived in Dallas to visit family and began the last weekend of eating in Texas. Steaks, turkey, sweet potato soufflé, dressing, chili dogs, Mexican food, BBQ, sweet tea, beer biscuits, and lots and lots of good drinks. Every time the food was served I said je suis pret. It was all delicious and we had a great time hanging out in big D.
These feelings continue to swing back and forth. One moment I think I will be fine with it, and the next I am thinking there is no way I can do this. I suppose this is what getting out of your comfort zone means. Regardless of if one is ready or not, it can be a good thing.
It is happening. But today, je ne suis pas pret. But off we go anyways. My next blog will happen from Oz. Prayers are appreciated during this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment