Thursday, May 29, 2014

Dodge with a Blog: Dodgy Crockett

Dodgy Crockett: King of the Wild Frontier. C'est moi.

You might think I am joking, but I kid you not. I have taken over Montmorency (I am in the inner circle now, so I just call it Monty). I walk, I mark. I walk some more, I mark some more. YES! It's been an interesting week have the family around again. Paul and Suzanne have been walking in the mornings looking at homes and I have taken the opportunity to mark every branch or tree, or mailbox for that matter along the way. I need the people of Oz to understand that I have arrived and I am a force to be reckoned with while I am out and about.

On Thursday, the family and I headed to a local park similar to Lick Creek. I was not allowed off the leash, but I enjoyed it regardless. I heard many new sounds and saw many new sites. I saw an ant. Let me just tell you, they say everything is bigger in Texas, but goodness...all I can say is "that is not an ant, THIS is an ant." It was the size of small human's pinky finger I would say. NO THANK YOU. I ran the other direction.

I did manage to ask the small humans what they think so far of life in Oz. Medium said "Good" and small said "Fun." Simple. I like that.

Now, as I sit in the living room while the rest of the family sleeps,  I can reflect on my time as Dodgy Crockett. I have so much more to explore and conquer. I look forward to really getting to know the lorikeets (rainbow colored birds; google them!) I intend to have a convo with the local Kookaburra to find out what is so damn funny. Clearly I am missing the joke there. And perhaps I will chase a bunny or two at the farm soon.

King of the Wild Frontier. That is me for sure.

Word of the Day: Ta. It means thank you.

Ta for reading my blog.

Dodge out.

No comments:

Post a Comment