Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Storm

Overnight, it rained.

No, it stormed.

It was a perfect evening for sleeping and even when I did find myself awake stressing about what is to come, I realized that the soothing rain helped me drift back to sleep. Rain calms me. Storms comfort me.

Many may not realize that I have been facing a storm in the last two months. Most people think about how lucky we are that we are relocating to Australia. I think, yes, we are destined for great adventures. But living in College Station and working at Texas A&M has been an adventure as well. The storm that I have faced has provided a variety of emotions. Casting Crowns says:

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain, "I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls I raise my hands
And praise the God who gives and takes away
And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands
For You are who You are no matter where I am
And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand
You never left my side and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I am not complaining about my future, but rather reflecting on the fact that my heart is torn, just as the lyrics say. Torn between leaving my amazing job, my friends at work, my family in Texas and being in a new city, with new opportunities, and getting to know my Aussie family.

But after the storm comes calm. So, today during the actual storm I reflect on the "lasts" of the day and know that after today, this storm shall pass and I will be ready to face the next chapter.

You never said it would be easy
But You said You'd see me through the storm
-Mark Shultz (He Will Carry Me)

Hallelujah, grace like rain falls down on me.
-Todd Agnew (Grace Like Rain)

No comments:

Post a Comment